Who is a Good Tester?
There is a program that calculates the square root of the number.
What will do a very bad tester?
- He does not even start the program. He says that it works.
What will do a bad tester?
- Someone told him that the program raises a number in the square. He typed a number 4, received as a result 2, and said that the program works incorrectly. He returned it to the developers.
What will do not a bad tester?
- Reads the specs. Understands what the program supposed to do. Types the number 4, the output will be the number 2. He says that the program runs cool and will give the green light to release.
What makes a good tester?
- Reads the specs. Understands what the program supposed to do. Enters the number 4, the output will be the number 2. Will type the number 2, will receive exception in output – reports a bug.
Types the letter and in the field for the number and receives exception in output – reports a bug again.
What makes a professional software tester?
- Examines the specification.
- Will write detailed test cases
- Checks the program’s response on the whole, the fractional number to zero for long numbers, the negative numbers on a very small number
- Checks the rounding of the result
- Checks the program’s response to invalid data (letters, special characters, etc.)
- Checks whether the program gives the correct result in all cases
- Tests UI
- Tests the program in different operation systems
- And makes many more useful things and the team will release a truly high quality product