Without performing configuration testing, it is difficult to define and analyze the optimal system performance, and the software can encounter compatibility issues with the systems it is designed to run on.
Configuration testing is aimed to:
- check whether the product satisfies configurability requirements
- determine optimal configuration settings
- detect bugs by changing some optional settings, e.g., Time Zone, Language, etc.
- check whether detected bugs are reproducible on other configuration environments
- verify system performance by changing hardware configuration, e.g., memory size