Nowadays software products are complex. Software development, including functional testing, usability testing, performance testing, security testing and other testing activities, is time and labor consuming.
That is why professional test engineers utilize various tools executing both manual and automated testing. Among common instruments, utilized during software testing, is a test management tool.
A great number of test-cases are created for mobile testing, desktop testing and web site testing. It is hard and inconvenient to manage them manually, a Word or Excel file is frequently used for this purpose, but a test management tool is more preferable as it has the specific functions and options.
One Should Utilize a Test Management Tool Because:
- It helps to order and sort test-cases in a way convenient for the test engineers.
- It allows to track the progress of the testing process and plan the software release.
- If there is no time to execute all the planned test-cases, the tool helps to quickly select the most significant ones based on their priorities.
- It helps to avoid inputting duplicate test-cases.
- It is useful during creating clear and informative reports.
There are commercial and open source test management tools. Among them one can select the most suitable one for the project.