Performing software testing, one must quickly find serious errors. The number of found software bugs per certain amount of time is one of the criteria of evaluation efficiency of a tester’s work.
But it is not enough to discover many defects in course of mobile testing, desktop testing or web site testing in order to be a good tester. A professional test engineer must also be skilled in writing clear and informative error reports.
Error Reports Are:
- results of any load testing, functional testing, security testing and so on;
- documents that inform the developers about what is wrong in the application and must be corrected;
- proofs of hard work of the testers.
That is why novice testers should pay considerable attention to writing error reports.
Creating Error Reports One Should Follow These Recommendations:
- dedicate one report to one software bug;
- write understandable steps to reproduce the defect;
- indicate actual and expected results of the test;
- clearly describe the defect and test environment;
- attach screenshots or video records of the error; it helps the developers to understand the problem better.
Professional error reports are a key to successful testing process. All the testers’ efforts appear to be useless without them.