What Skills and Abilities Should a Good Software Tester Possess?
Do you have any idea who a software test engineer is? If you have no clue or even the slightest understanding of the issue mentioned, maybe this profession isn’t for you.
To become successful, it is drastically important to be passionate about web site testing, desktop testing and mobile application testing and have a burning desire for self-improvement and self-realization in the chosen field.
In order to become a highly qualified team member of a software testing company one should constantly search for new information about mobile testing, desktop testing, web site testing and keep pace with highly-competitive IT world.
If you think you are the right candidate for such a job, but still have bad luck at the career market, take a look at yourself from the other side and reconsider the necessary skills and competences required for such a longing job in a software testing company.
The Major Competences of a Software Test Engineer Are:
- ample knowledge of software testing concepts, for example, what a software bug, test case, error report, testing strategy are;
- basic knowledge of automated testing and ability to learn, adjust and work in a fast-paced environment;
- skills in working with basic database concepts and queries;
- sociability and cheerfulness, as they are an inseparable part of communication skills and interacting with people;
- analytical mindset and ability to process information fast;
- excellent organization skills.