Today many mobile web applications are as complex and multifunctional, as desktop web applications are.
Web site testing, desktop testing and mobile testing reveal that some mobile web programs provide richer and better user experience than web programs on desktop devices due to involving a touch screen and various sensors into interaction with the users.
A professional software testing company recommends mobile web designers to be careful adding a lot of media elements and different features to a mobile software product. An application of that kind may overload mobile devices, as they are not as powerful as personal computers are.
A Mobile Web Program Should Not:
- install a lot of code on a user machine;
- execute many updates and other background activities;
- contain and process too many videos, images and other media elements;
- involve too much data exchanging between the server and a tablet or smartphone;
- contain numerous page redirects;
- require loading and installing numerous supplementary programs, such as media players, various plugins and so on.
Experts in manual and automated testing notice that avoiding these things helps to create usable software products that are suitable for mobile devices. Usability and performance testing prove that high operation speed and low resources consumption are significant advantages of any modern application.