What to do, if one decided to change his or her career path and become a tester?There are a lot of possibilities even for a non-IT specialist.
A software testing company usually hires people with various educations and experiences.
Tips on How to Start a Testing Career
- Take some testing courses. You should know how to perform manual testing. If it’s possible, get to know the basics of automated testing.
- Write a good CV; put all your experience in there, regardless of the field, in which you worked before.
- Work as a freelancer and write about this experience in your CV.
- Perform beta testing, one can do it for free or find some paid possibilities.
- Before going to an interview find an answer to the question: “Why do you want to change you career path?”
- It’s a good idea to apply to software testing institutions that work on projects related to your previous specialization.
- Customize your CV for each vacancy you apply.
There is a great variety of specializations in software testing field, for example, mobile application testing, desktop testing, web site testing. To become a valuable worker, one should be a professional in one of them. That will come with practice.