TestNG is a framework for testing. It is a little bit similar to JUnit and NUnit but possesses the new functional capabilities. It is more powerful and easy to use. Cedric Beust is the TestNG creator.
This tool is an open source automation framework. In the “TestNG” name, ‘NG’ means Next Generation, in other words, an improved variant of the previous tools.
What Are TestNG Features?
- Annotation support.
- It maintains integrated classes testing.
- Agile runtime configuration.
- The “test-group” implementation. If the tests are compiled, with the help of TestNG, one may launch all “front end” tests, database tests, and etc.
- It supports load testing, dependent test methods, back-to-back testing, partial failures.
- Agile API-plugin.
- Multithreaded testing maintenance.
The TestNG tool covers all test categories - functional, integration tests, end-to-end tests, unit tests. For its usage, JDK (Java Development Tool) 5 and higher is required.
Also, with the help of TestNG, the data parameterization process becomes available. This tool also allows creating the HTML completion reports and generating the logs. The test case writing process via TestNG is very simple and consists of the set of specified steps:
- Creating the test domain logic.
- The implementation of TestNG annotations into code.
- The test description (class, the name of methods and groups).
- Launching TestNG.
Additional parameters may be added to the annotations. Since the annotations are strictly typed, then the compiler will immediately detect any kind of error.
Therefore, software product testing will be effective with using such tool as TestNG.