Receiving feedback is important in most of activities. It shows whether the service providers or producers are progressing in the right direction, whether the product is of the required quality, whether the customers are satisfied with it, etc.
Receiving feedback is important for software development as well.
In Software Development Feedback is Provided By:
- test engineers after carrying out functional testing, usability testing, performance testing, and so on;
- end users, who participated in beta testing or reported errors that occurred during interaction with the software.
Nowadays various techniques of software development are used. Software testing is a necessary activity in each of them, but different programming techniques assume performing testing works differently.
According to Traditional Software Development Approach:
- testing is mostly performed after the application is completed;
- test engineers’ goal is to find as many defects as they can.
Experts in mobile testing, desktop testing and web site testing claim that traditional approach is far from been perfect and often lacks efficiency. The feedback about the system comes too late and serves more for measuring rather than assuring application quality.
Late Testing Results Mean That:
- error fixing takes more time than it could have taken during earlier development phases;
- the product release is postponed due to error fixing and regression testing cycles.
The mentioned disadvantages are absent during agile software development.