5 Memos for Successful Test Engineers
Information technology is a fast evolving field. One should always keep up with all the novelties, use and elaborate new approaches and methods. This is true about software testing as well.
A successful test engineer must be creative, detail-oriented, inquisitive. These qualities help to be good at web site testing, desktop testing and mobile testing. Experienced testers worked out some recommendations that help to build a career in a software testing company.
A Test Engineer Should Keep in Mind That:
- Everyone makes mistakes, including programmers, so there are always errors in an application.
- It is impossible to release a perfect, completely free from software bugs application. Nevertheless, testers should strain after finding all the defects for the time allocated on manual and automated testing.
- One cannot provide perfectly complete test coverage that includes all the elements and details of the application, but a good tester verifies all the important aspects for the given time.
- A tester mustn’t make any conclusions based on guesses. All the theories and assumption must be checked in course of functional testing, performance testing, security testing and so on.
- It is wise to include negative tests and tests that do not come out of the requirements in the test procedures. They may reveal serious defects.