Verification of every new software build is an integral part of any mobile testing, desktop testing, or web site testing.
First of all, it is necessary to select the test cases that will be included in the build acceptance testing and automated. These must be test cases checking major functions, features, and business processes of the application, that are implemented in the builds.
When the test cases are selected and prepared, automated testing of the new module is executed. It usually takes no more than 30 minutes. Then the test results are distributed among the team and assessed.
The procedure of Evaluating of Build Acceptance Testing Results:
- the results are sent to all the project members;
- the person responsible for the maintenance and running of the tests studies the results;
- if the tests pass successfully, the build is delivered to the test team for more detailed and all-around testing;
- if the tests fail, it is necessary to figure out the reason, and based on it coordinate further actions.
Common Causes of Build Verification Failure Are:
- defects in the program code;
- errors in the automated tests;
- defects in the test environment;
- problems with the devices and other equipment.