What Problems Can a Tester Have if His or Her Software Defects Are Often Rejected?
One of the ways that a software testing company applies to evaluate quality of a tester’s work is looking through notifications added by the developers and other testers to his or her software bugs records.
In case there are many notes such as “cannot be reproduced” or “it is not a bug, it is a feature” it may mean that the tester has some difficulties performing mobile testing, desktop testing or web site testing.
Difficulties a Tester Can Experience in Case His Software Defects Are Frequently Rejected:
- The software requirements can be equivocal. If it is so, they must be explained. Such problems happen rarely during web site testing, desktop testing or mobile application testing because. As a rule, they are corrected during the requirements testing phase.
- The records may be kept poorly. Incomplete, excessively detailed or ambiguous descriptions of the steps to reproduce the found defects can confuse the developers.
- The tester may have insufficient domain knowledge of the project. In this situation he or she should be given the necessary explanation by the subject matter specialist.
- The developer may comprehend the software requirements in a wrong way.
- The developer can make errors performing complex set of steps to reproduce the software defects.