Software products are designed so that they need to receive certain data from the users. So, there is always interaction between the user and the application, regardless of what tasks the application performs and for what purposes the user decided to work with it.
As a matter of fact, we input some information in a software product and want it to give us back some response. Those who execute mobile application testing, desktop testing or web site testing know well about it.
Inputting data is significant element of work with software products. It must be checked in course of web site testing, desktop testing or mobile testing.
Typing is among most frequently utilized methods of inputting information in software. Though it is known that such method of inputting should be avoided where possible in mobile applications.
Checking Input Issues of Software it is Necessary to See How the System Behaves When:
- various types of characters, including characters from different languages are inputted;
- large quantity of characters are inputted;
- invalid data are inputted;
- no characters are inputted;
- data are inputted when there is no connection to the network.