Here and now the market of information technologies makes progress by leaps and bounds. Just imagine that only yesterday software testing was performed manually by system administrators. Of course, this method was very far from ideal.
The present-day consumer can find almost every testing tool that can manage both with very specific and universal tasks. Making a choice among the ocean of testing tools is a very important thing. Mistake in this option can cause you not only wasting of time and fraying nerves but also hard material expenses. Choosing of testing tools firstly depends on the project requirements.
Usage of tools for manual testing becomes ineffective as it requires performing a great variety of operations that result in time and cost-consuming.
Any software testing company should use testing tools that designed not only to detect errors but also to prevent them.
However, you should remember that there is NO panacea!
And also there are no guarantees that in future customer’s project will not include some new technologies that will not cooperate with the chosen testing tool. Moreover the development of information technologies in future will require the invention of new and new testing tools.
- It allows to perform more informal testing;
- Testing of module helps to find real bugs;
- It’s a good variant if testing have to be performed just a small number of times.
- Human factor.
- Tester can perform several tests simultaneously;
- Time and cost-saving;
- You are able to perform testing of software on different configurations.
- More expensive;
- Some tests should be performed only manually.