Python and Other Programming Languages: Comparison
Some of the most widespread languages of the software product development are:
All languages have their own advantages and disadvantages which predeterminate the field of their applying.
PHP vs Python
- The Python syntax is simpler than the PHP code.
- In the Python language, the classes are used in the standard libraries while PHP is a function of SPL.
- Python supports the structured exception handling and PHP does not utilize the exceptions for the error reporting.
- PHP has embedded development functions and, in the case of Python, one may add them via extensions.
- Python maintains the main GUI frameworks.
In comparison with Java, Python operating speed is lower but its development takes less time. Due to the high-level data type and runtime typing, the programs in Python will be much shorter than in Java.
It is recognized that Perl and Python are very similar languages. But Perl supports the general problem-oriented tasks (report generation, file scanning), and Python - the program methodologies (OOP, the data structure designing).
Python vs RUBY
- Python possesses a much wider set of data structures, internal functions, better file name support and iterators and modules usage.
- RUBY does not maintain multiple inheritances.
- In order to close all operating scopes, one should use “}” or “end” for RUBY. For the same purpose, one uses only space in Python.