Test Planning is estimation of test quantity, resources, approaches and scheduling of the planned actions.
To carry out software testing effectively it is necessary to spend a lot of money and effort on planning, one also should be ready to modify the plan to meet the requirements that appear with flaw detection.
It is important to test all of the requirements or at least the requirement with the highest priority. Requirements Traceability Matrix is a useful tool in the process of test planning because it can be used while calculating test quantity that is necessary to include the most important requirements.
Software testing planning should take into account static and dynamic testing.
9 Main Steps in Software Testing Planning (software testing / mobile testing / web site testing)
- Specification of the testing object the necessary testing approaches;
- Providing tests if necessary;
- Establishing criteria for entry and exit for each stage of the software testing process;
- Selection of employees with necessary skills and knowledge for program testing performance.
- Calculation of labor costs for software testing / mobile testing / web site testing;
- Determination of the major steps on which software testing will be carried out;
- Hardware and software selection;
- Work products selection for each stage of testing;
- Finding and assessment of the testing process risks and development of a plan to minimize them.
Intermediate results or results of these actions can be included in testing plan, which consists of one or more documents.