In the software testing sphere, there is a rather interesting presumption that any type of checking – in fact, exploratory testing. In order to clear up whether this fact is true, one should get acquainted with all peculiarities of this type of testing.
Executing functional testing or system testing, the specialists develop the test plans and test suites in advance. But in the case of exploratory testing, this process performance can be avoided.
Besides this, the testers are not limited to anything concerned to bugs detection. Everything depends on the specialist’s imagination and his inventiveness. Software testing company appreciates the presence of such qualities in its employees.
Exploratory testing should be started with the determination of the concept and purpose of testing the specified product aspect. The testing framework is formulated by the tester himself or by the head of a test group.
All types of testing, for example, usability testing, is oriented and focused on the end user and his wishes. Accordingly, the product can be permanently improved and modified.
Testing Framework Samples:
- To clear up and test the contradictory statements in the software manual.
- To determine all possible ways of file corruption.
- To check the product integration with the external applications.
- To try all possible ways of data input.
- To test the user interface in accordance with the Windows interface standards.
- To test the product performance characteristics using the specific file types.
Together exploratory and automated testing bring more effective results. Written and checked exploratory tests can be converted into autotests.
If there is a system failure in the automated tests operating, then with the help of exploratory principle one can find the nature of the malfunction and fix it immediately. The successful autotests ensure the further discovering of the problem moments or the product components.