Nowadays mobile software is the most popular, this complicates both developers and testers’ life. The specialists perform mobile testing with the use of diverse techniques and methodologies.
But performing mobile application testing, the specialists face a set of challenges, caused by different reasons. This may be connected to the data synchronize process, integrating with other products, data input and output peculiarities, and many other factors.
What complicates the execution of mobile testing?
- A vast variety of mobile devices. Since 2007, more than 500 mln Android and about 220 mln iOS devices have been released, including mobile phones, tablets, iPads, and so on. Thus, it is impossible to perform compatibility testing on all device types and versions.
- Device fragmentation and various OS versions. There is a big number of different versions of Android system, and product operation checking on each version will take a lot of time.
- Different types of applications. The mobile products may be native applications, web applications or the hybrid ones. The product type defines the methodology of its checking.
- Various interfaces. Performing UI testing on simulators, the specialists may gain not quite correct checking results.
- Testing tools. It is difficult to select a proper tool for checking because it should be suitable for OS type and version, the system specifics, and so on.
It is especially difficult to choose the appropriate tools when it refers to such checking type as automated testing. But despite all challenges, the software testing team may execute efficient and detailed checking of mobile products quality.