Continuous Testing Implementation
In accordance with the agile methodology principle, the development process of the new software product should be continuous. In view of this, the question arises – should software testing be executed continuously too?
If one thinks logically, this is the way it should be. Rather frequently, software testing company performs the product quality checking on the agile methodology. It is absolutely unacceptable that software testing is conducted several days before release.
Each tester knows that the test procedure should be begun executing at the early stages and testing should be continued during the further product development. This ensures a high quality of the system and quick removal of the detected bugs or mismatches.
In this case, automated testing is an inherent part of the development cycle. Such type of checking provides the specialists with the set of advantages.
How Can Automation Assist During Continuous Testing?
- Automated testing simplifies and accelerates the process of receiving the feedback of the product state. The timely informing about the system activity is a key for the continuous testing effectiveness.
- The collaboration between developers and testers during the automation process will ensure the high quality of the auto tests.
- In most cases, one automates regression testing but sometimes the nonfunctional tests too.
- The auto tests may and need to be fulfilled on the continuous integration server.
- There is a possibility to create the regression tests suites and conduct them every time when a product was modified.
- Unit testing will also be improved with the automation principle application.
- The tests for manual testing which require much time may be automated too.
It should not be forgotten that, during an agile methodology application, one should execute performance testing and security testing at the early stages of the product development.