All of us understand that software testing is useful for the improvement of your software’s quality.
However, have you ever thought of how many types of software testing can a good software testing company perform?
You can divide the process of testing into black box and white box (glass box) types:
- Black box testing is that type, during which you are not able to see the inside machinations of the code (as if it is hidden in the black box). You perceive everything just like the end-user.
- White box testing is that type during which you are able to see the code internals.
Testing can be performed either manually or automatically:
- Automated testing presupposes the automation of certain software processes.
- Manual testing on the opposite is fully performed by human testers.
The testing process later integrates into various other types.
The List of Most Common Software Testing Types:
- Unit testing presupposes testing of the smallest software units in order to make sure that they work as they are supposed to.
- Integration testing tests on how to separate units work together as a group.
- Smoke testing is the basic set of test cases for the most common types of mistakes. If the software fails to pass this type of testing, it is useless to start any other type.
- Functional testing presupposes checking whether the software meets the stated requirements and specifications and is able to satisfy the user demands and expectations.
- System testing means testing in order to check the correspondence of the created system to its requirements.
- Sanity testing is a basic type of testing intended to check whether the software or its part is stable enough to conduct software testing.
- Regression testing is the repeated testing of already fixed functionals in order to check whether the fixed bugs did not reappear and whether the new ones did not appear.
- Acceptance testing is performed to verify whether the software corresponds to standards and specifications.