None of the software product could be of 100% quality if functional testing was not preparatory executed for it.
This means that before product release one should assure that all functional operates correctly. Also, it is recommended to perform system testing before, and acceptance testing – after functional testing.
Let us imagine that the software testing company received the task – to check the function of the corporate website. What questions should the testers ask themselves before proceed to work? Are all buttons clickable? Do the links redirect operate correctly? Are the feedback forms opened? These and many other questions like that should be reflected in the functional test cases.
The functional test cases are an inherent part of the mentioned above methodology and, as a rule, are designed by the client or the team of developers. According to these data, the testers may specify the requirements for the product functional. But the test cases – only additional tools – it is necessary to determine what the peculiarities of functional testing are.
5 Main Characteristics of Functional Testing:
- Rely only on the requirements, not on the presentiment;
- The product estimate should be carried out outright in the context of effectiveness.
- The check of whether the previous software testing was favorable and all the mistakes were fixed.
- The determination of the software peculiarities, which were not integrated with the client's requirements.
- Focusing on the processing result after any function activation.
Summing up, it should be noted that, despite the fact that functional testing has its disadvantages, such as mismatch probability towards the machine logic and its continuity, it also has significant advantages: with its help the software testing company can provide a high level of the product quality and satisfaction of the clients and users.