Cloud service gains more and more popularity at present. There are no doubts that it is a good solution for many software products.
But mobile application testing, desktop testing and web site testing show that regardless of numerous advantages of cloud computing, it isn’t a universal method of maintaining a software product. It has some weaknesses and is not recommended for certain projects by a professional software testing company.
The Problems of Using the Cloud Are:
- Load testing often proves that if the cloud hardware is located far from the program users, it has a negative impact on the program performance.
- The software owners cannot fully control and adjust some aspects of their product when it is installed on the cloud; among the most significant aspects are performance and security. That is why experts in performance and security testing sometimes are critical about cloud service.
- When something is wrong with the cloud, all applications installed on it suffer.
- If many software products requiring much resource for work are installed on the cloud, the hardware may be overloaded, and there may be not enough resources for your program.
- If a software product uses cloud, it is hard to check it thoroughly and determine causes of unreproducible defects as there is no access to the hardware and environment.