On the 29th of October and on the 5th of November 2008 QATestLab conducted trainings on software testing in Cherkassy State Technological University.
The Main Purposes of the Trainings Were:
- to familiarize students of CSTU with fundamental ideas, methods and processes of modern software development and testing;
- to inform the students about quite new and in-demand occupation – software testing.
The Training Consisted of 4 Wide-ranging Topics:
- General information about software testing. Importance of testing processes for creating of quality, salable applications.
- What is a software bug? Attributes, types and life cycle of software bugs.
- General information about planning of a software testing process. Structure of a test-case and peculiarities of test-cases elaboration. Familiarizing with regression testing and its role in software development life cycle.
- What is automated testing? What programs for automated testing are utilized nowadays? Familiarizing with load testing.
After completion of the trainings the attendees could pass special tests. The tests result showed how well the information was understood. Students who successfully passed the tests got the certificates.
A lot of students gladly attended the trainings. They demonstrate interest in the discussed topics. May be some of them will decide to work in software testing sphere.