Localization testing - is testing of localized version of the software product.
Software localization is the process of adaptation to the cultural characteristics of some country: translation of the documentation, user interface, supporting materials from one language to another.
The process of localization testing involves several steps:
- Define and study a list of supported languages
- Verification of user interface translation
- Check of translation of system messages and errors
- Check of translation of help and accompanying documentation
- Check of translation in the context of the subject matter of this software product