5 Main Aims of Using SMS in Mobile Applications
Though nowadays gap between modern devices becomes not so considerable, as they are able to perform many similar functions, each type of devices has its unique features. One should keep this in mind performing mobile testing, desktop testing or web site testing.
One of widely used functions of mobile phones and smartphones is sending and receiving text messages. This function is usually not supported by tablets and personal computers. So, testers do not need to check it executing web site testing or desktop testing.
Usually SMS is Used in Mobile Applications for the Next Purposes:
- To refresh memory of a user about the software product which he or she used to utilize often before.
- To inform users about new products or services, promotional events and so on.
- To inform users about changes in the software or in prices on the providing services or products.
- To identify and authorize users. A user receives a code enabling him or her to get access to some data or make use of some services.
- To share information fast with other users or the system administrators.
Text messages are convenient and quick mean of sharing information. It is widely applied by users and mobile software developers see great potential in SMS and MMS.