Embedded application testing is very similar to the testing of operating systems, but there are some differences between them.
Embedded applications often have unique characteristics that should be reflected in the test plan.
You need to test the standard functionality, configuration and compatibility, as well as perform all other types of standard tests.
Testing of web-based application is more complicated, because there are some difficulties with the interaction of system components and the application.
During the testing of embedded applications, some or all of the following types of testing can be performed depending on the requirements:
- Functionality Testing. It is used for the verification of all forms, links, database connection, cookies.
- Interface testing. Database, server and application interfaces should be tested at this stage.
- Performance testing. Performance testing includes load, stress, scalability, reliability and volume testing.
- Security testing. It verifies the actual response of protective mechanisms built into the application.
- Usability testing. It is performed to determine whether the application is suitable for its intended use.
- Test plan. It allows verifying the application in different browsers, on different OS, with different software and hardware.