5 Tips Helping to Log Only Valid Software Bugs
Software testers get upset, when the developers mark their error reports as invalid and refuse to fix them.
Many invalid errors mean that the test engineer lacks proficiency, attentiveness and experience in game testing, mobile testing, ecommerce testing, etc. Such characteristic hurts the chances of a tester’s career progress and credibility within his or her colleagues and team leads.
Experts in web site testing, desktop testing and mobile application testing recommend making careful preparation and troubleshooting before executing the tests.
In Order to Document Only Valid Software Errors One Should:
- Maintain and keep up-to-date tests configuration files. These files contain all the configuration values for the verified system and test environment, one must make sure that the information is valid and updated. Otherwise, the reported errors may turn to be invalid.
- Verify whether the required software databases are present and contain all the necessary data. Otherwise, the system may fail or incorrectly process data, but these errors will be invalid.
- Test the automated scripts and make sure that they are error free before running them.
- Check the test data and make sure that they are up-to-date, valid and sufficient for the software testing process.
- Make sure that the software build is properly deployed.