Reasons You Don't Get Job in Software Testing
You might have applied to so many testing job vacancies, might have received some calls for interviews and even you would have attended some, but still you don’t have the job you are looking for. Well, then there could be many reasons you have not in the right job you dreamed of being.
Be honest and think on below mentioned points. What you did wrong until now? Probably you might get the answer – Why you couldn’t crack any software testing interview yet!!
What are these reasons?
1) You have a bad formatted resume. No one cares to read it. You don’t even think to change it.
2) You don’t have passion for testing. You just run behind software testing job as others do. You look for software testing job just for the sake of being somewhere employed.
3) You don’t see the job details before applying, whether it suits your profile or not.
4) You don’t have strong and VALID reason for the question – Why do you want to join/switch to software testing?
5) You have not spent time doing some homework on job openings – about the company, required skills, experience etc.
6) You are faking the software testing experience.
7) You pretend to have all the testing skills.
8) You think “Testing is easy-to-do task” and “Anyone can do testing”.
9) You think no training is needed to work in software testing field and you will learn when you are on board.
10) You don’t have practical examples to explain and support your answers.
Plus one more reason why you are still away from making career in software testing
- You are from non-IT background and now want to switch to software testing, but you don’t have the skills required for software testing jobs and even you don’t care to know what is STLC and SDLC.
Oh! Too many “You’s” here. Why? because you are the only person responsible for your career. No one can deny you the job in software testing without any reason. Find out what that reason is? After all, employer will always select the best fit for their positions. You just think – how you can be that best fit for them!
Remember, you won’t get any job without doing hard work.
If you can think of some other reasons for not getting job in software testing and quality assurance, then please share it with us. We will be happy to discuss.