10 Pieces of Advice for a Future Tester
11 September 2014
Several pieces of advice might be handy for people, who want to build a successful testing career.
Take a look at top ten, following which one can get hired by a software testing company, despite being a fresher in this field.
10 Guidelines to a Testing Career:
- Attend courses in software testing. Try to get an idea of what mobile application testing, desktop testing, web site testing is.
- Pay more attention to practical tasks to develop your testing skills and abilities.
- Get some freelance testing experience if possible.
- Participate in testing beta software online.
- Take time to customize your resume properly. Compile a convincing cover letter. This will increase the chances of getting a job.
- Don’t forget to list obtained testing certificates in the resume. They may prove your proficiency in automated testing, manual testing, semiautomated testing.
- Modify your resume when applying to different vacancies. Try to highlight professional skills and strong points as required.
- Don’t neglect your previous professional experience. It might be helpful in the future career.
- Prepare a clear answer to the question “Why do you want to be engaged in software testing?”
- Find important information about the software testing company you would like to work at. Look into career opportunities and available openings.